From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Valid values and ValueChangeEvent
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:15:09 GMT
On 12/1/06, Chris Hansen <chansen@overstock.com> wrote:
> I tried again, and it seems to work with a tr:messages tag. I would rather
> not use tr:messages and have the "required" message be displayed near the
> input field as usual, but this does not happen with PPR. Is there a way to
> enable this? I tried adding the containing tag as a partial target and as a
> partial listener.

Unfortunately, that won't work, because there's in fact no
event at all, and the only way that PPR knows to fire is when
there is an event...  Catch-22!

One thing PPR does poorly is handle redisplaying of
individual messages.  We always send down the
tr:messages as a band-aid.

It'd be worth seeing if we could auto-PPR editable components
every time there is an error, or if valid goes from false to true.

-- Adam