From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject Re: [Trinidad] using t:saveState
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 17:56:14 GMT
After some debugging, I noticed that the suggested parameter cannot
work, since we have (in StateManagerImpl.saveSerializedView()):

       // FIXME: pageState is never read
        PageState pageState = new PageState(
            context,
            structure,
            state,
            // Save the view root into the page state as a transient
            // if this feature has not been disabled
            _useViewRootCache(context) ? root : null);

        token = cache.addNewEntry(new PageState(context, structure,
state, root),
                                  stateMap);

thus a valid root to cache is always passed in to PageState constructor,
no matter the value of useViewRootCache, which is set according to the
parameter.
Indeed the FIXME says all.
-- Renzo