From Renzo Tomaselli <renzo.tomase...@tecnotp.it>
Subject [Trinidad] using t:saveState
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 12:10:04 GMT
<head>
</head>
I have a page using Tomahawk t:saveState to save a string across
requests. This page contains also a t:tree2 component. Now if I perform
any action on the tree - such as clicking on nodes or expanding
branches - my debugger shows that state is not restored. Other setters
are regularly invoked.<br>
But if I use the back button on the browser and I click again on the
tree, state is restored. It works like a flip-flop, once out of two.<br>
I don't know the magics of state saving with Trinidad, I guess things
depend on a hidden element attached to forms, such as:<br>
&lt;input type="hidden" name="org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.faces.STATE"
value="!23efc8f3"&gt;<br>
Also I noticed that sources of rendered html page are the same, both
when next click will work and when it will not.<br>
Needless to say, things used to work fine until Trinindad entered my
web.xml.<br>
Also I noticed that Tomcat logout still reports:<br>
20-dic-2006 12.42.53
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl
verifyFilterIsInstalled<br>
WARNING: The TrinidadFilter has not been installed.&nbsp; Apache Trinidad
requires this filter for proper execution.<br>
but my web.xml contains:<br>
&nbsp; &lt;filter&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;filter-name&gt;trinidad&lt;/filter-name&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
&lt;filter-class&gt;org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter&lt;/filter-class&gt;<br>
&nbsp; &lt;/filter&gt;<br>
&nbsp; &lt;filter-mapping&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;filter-name&gt;trinidad&lt;/filter-name&gt;<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; &lt;servlet-name&gt;faces&lt;/servlet-name&gt;<br>
&nbsp; &lt;/filter-mapping&gt;<br>
Any suggestion is welcome. I can ispect/debug sources if provided with
some pointers about state restoring.<br>
-- Renzo<br>