From "Aino Andriessen" <Aino.Andries...@AMIS.nl>
Subject jdev plugin
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2006 23:30:33 GMT
Hi,

We are much interested in the jdev plugin for generating JDeveloper project files. It seems
to work quite good but we found an issue that prevents us from using it:

- The generated compiler settings are quite different from the normal JDeveloper configuration.
For example, it uses a reverse filter for the 'copy files to output directory'. This seems
like a good idea, but in combination with the creation of business components (BC) it results
in unwanted behaviour, because the BC wizard does not expect the use of a reverse filter.
It checks the setting, notices that e.g. the .xml or .jpx extension is missing from the list
and adds it, because it wants the BC files to be copied to the classpath; but off course that
does not happen because of the reverse filter. The result is a runtime exception that the
xml files cannot be found (actually it complains about the model.jpx file, that is not added
either).
When I change the plugin template file to the same configuration as an emty model project,
all work as expected.
Can you verify this behaviour? Is it intended or will it be fixed in a future version, and
can you give me an estimation of when that could be? Because we would not like to use our
own version / fork of this plugin.

Ciao
    Aino