From "Meyer, Stefan" <S.Me...@S2neueinformatik.de>
Subject AW: Popup without dialog
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:39:13 GMT
I need to be able to open a popup (with a lot of components) for each column in a table. That
means I would have a lot more components in my page - that might have an impact on performance.
I will give it a try though.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Danny Robinson [mailto:dannyjrobinson@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2006 13:19
An: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Popup without dialog

I posted the following recently, which has evolved slightly to handle modal and modeless popups.
 Not had any response from people if they are interested in having this as part of Trinidad
though, or what would be needed if this doesn't cut it.

Guys,

As a learning exercise on how Trinidad components are built, I've pulled together a popup
component and implemented it as a 'panelPopup' in Trinidad.  If there's interest, then I'd
be happy to contribute this to Trinidad.

In posts over the last few months there was support (Simon, Adam, etc.) for a popup component
in Trinidad to perform functions such as a lightweight date picker.  With guidance from Matthias
, I've posted code and demo below, and created an enhancement request for a popup component
here :
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-307

While it's not totally finished (IE & firefox tested only), it does have provide some
useful functionality for simple popups.  It is similar in functionality to the other panels,
in that you can include any child components and provides a number of skinning selectors (see
below) for you to customize.  It also optionally allows you to specify a title and close facets.
 Long term I want to add iframe/dialog functionality.

Screenshot (with embedded tr:chooseDate) :
http://thefoxberry.com/trinidad/datePopup.GIF

Demo WAR: http://thefoxberry.com/trinidad/TrinidadPopupSandbox.zip
Download the code :
http://thefoxberry.com/trinidad/chrd-trinidad-contrib.jar

Thanks,

Danny

Example
xmlns:trc="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/contrib "
<trc:panelPopup>
  <f:facet name="control">
  </f:facet>
</trc:panelPopup>

<trc:panelPopup position="center">
  <f:facet name="control">
  </f:facet>
</trc:panelPopup>

<trc:panelPopup>
  <f:facet name="control">
  </f:facet>
  <f:facet name="title">
  </f:facet>
  <f:facet name="close">
  </f:facet>
</trc:panelPopup>

panelPopup Skin Selectors
af|panelPopup::container {
    border: 1px solid #0c479d;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

af|panelPopup::titlebar {
    background-color: #0c479d;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px;
}

af|panelPopup::title-text {
    text-align: left;
}

af|panelPopup::close-icon {
    text-align: right;
}

af|panelPopup::content {
    padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px;
}

Outstanding Items
 Currently have to add the following to <tr:document>
<!-- TODO - Not sure how to get this automatically included by Trinidad --> <f:facet
name="metaContainer">
  <f:verbatim>
    <script language="JavaScript"
         src="/TrinidadPopupSandbox/adf/jsLibs/trPanelPopup.js"></script>
  </f:verbatim>
</f:facet>

--
Chordiant Software Inc.