From "Meyer, Stefan" <S.Me...@S2neueinformatik.de>
Subject AW: Re: Saving model state between requests
Date Fri, 15 Dec 2006 09:35:09 GMT
I am using pageFlowScope now. I wonder if there is a timeout to data in that scope and what
the scope is attached to exactly - when is a new pageFlowScope instance created.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 14. Dezember 2006 17:49
An: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Re: Saving model state between requests

Well, the discussion linked to there points out that preserveDataModel causes problems - and
is unnecessary to boot - if it's already conversation-scoped.  Don't see anything there that
suggests there are problems with preserveDataModel and Facelets.  But I would certainly agree
that using a scope like Seam conversations is a cleaner approach than pushing the onus on
one particular component.

If just sticking with Trinidad, you could use pageFlowScope, which is an improvement over
session for most scenarios.

-- Adam