From "Meyer, Stefan" <S.Me...@S2neueinformatik.de>
Subject Saving model state between requests
Date Wed, 13 Dec 2006 14:03:55 GMT
I have a pretty common problem with tables. I put a button in a table
column. A "setActionListener" makes sure that the called action can
access the id of the entity the column represents and the action can
operate on that entity. The CollectionModel needs to be present before
"model update" so that the actionListener can retrieve the data from it.
In tomahawk there is the attribute "preserveDataModel" in order to
persist the datamodel from request to request. Another option is the use
of "saveState" component. I understand that loading the data freshly has
advantages but in my case  it might be pretty slow (Lucene query). Is
there a way to do preserve the datamodel in trinidad?