incubator-adffaces-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Sabina Albu" <sabina.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic tr:table(rows) IndexOutOfBoundsException
Date Thu, 23 Nov 2006 20:33:58 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for the tip.

I completely removed the facelets and I don't get the exception anymore.

Also if I kept the facelets but I created one very long row, like
<tr:column><f:facet name="header"><tr:outputText value="${person.firstname
}"/></facet></tr:column>
things worked out OK.



On 11/22/06, Jeantine Mankelow <jeantine@corp.peace.com> wrote:
>
> We've had this error on our project.  We are using facelets and
> eventually we tracked it down to trailing white space within our xhtml
> file.
>
>
> Sabina Albu wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am getting an java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException when I change the
> > content/rows
> > in the underlying model/list of a Trinidad table.
> >
> > The number of rows in my table changes upon clicking on a button:
> > In XHTML:
> > ...
> > <tr:commandButton text="Reload" action="#{personBean.reloadTable}"/>
> > ...
> > <tr:table id="tbl" value="#{personBean.persons}" var="person">
> >  <tr:column>
> >        ...
> >        <tr:outputText value="${person.firstname}"/>
> >  </tr:column>
> >    ...
> > </tr:table>
> >
> > In backing bean:
> > private java.util.List<Person> persons;
> > ...
> > public void reloadTable() {
> >   persons = null;
> >   persons = getPersons();//DB call to get new List of persons
> > }
> >
> > In the initial load getPersons() returns 1 row. After a reload I get 3
> > rows
> > and that's when I get the exception:
> >
> > java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
> >        at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:547)
> >        at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:322)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.StampState.restoreChildStampState(
> > StampState.java:152)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTable.restoreStampState(
> > UIXTable.java:320)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCollection._restoreStampState(
> > UIXCollection.java :1088)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCollection.postRowDataChange(
> > UIXCollection.java:690)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCollection.setRowIndex(
> > UIXCollection.java:406)
> >        at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTable._processStamps(
> > UIXTable.java:395)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXTable.processFacetsAndChildren(
> > UIXTable.java:268)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCollection.decodeChildrenImpl (
> > UIXCollection.java:159)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildren(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:874)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXCollection.processDecodes(
> > UIXCollection.java :153)
> >        at
> >
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildrenImpl(
> >
> > UIXComponentBase.java:889)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildren(
> > UIXComponentBase.java :874)
> >        at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXForm.processDecodes(
> > UIXForm.java:60)
> >        at
> >
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildrenImpl(
> >
> > UIXComponentBase.java:889)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildren(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:874)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.processDecodes(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:725)
> >        at
> >
> org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildrenImpl(
> >
> > UIXComponentBase.java:889)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.decodeChildren(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:874)
> >        at
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponentBase.processDecodes(
> > UIXComponentBase.java:725)
> >        at javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.processDecodes(
> > UIComponentBase.java:872)
> >        at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processDecodes
> > (UIViewRoot.java
> > :306)
> >    .....
> >
> >
> > What I found out until now is that the row index is set, at some
> > point, to
> > the wrong value(-1).
> > Also in the sources from Trinidad in
> > org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.UIXComponent
> > I found this comment in the getRowKey() method:
> > // See bug 4534104.
> > // Sometimes the rowKey for a particular row changes during update model
> > // (this happens in ADFM if you edit the primary key of a row).
> > // It is bad if the rowKey changes after _restoreStampState() and
> > // before _saveStampState(). Therefore, we cache it:..
> >
> > I know that coding the new lines from within the bean is an option but
> > I would like to keep the tags. It's easier to do table formatting and
> > styling.
> >
> >
> > Any advise is welcomed.
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sabina
> >
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message