From Chris Hansen <chan...@overstock.com>
Subject Re: Valid values and ValueChangeEvent
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:55:42 GMT
Thanks for your prompt reply.

On 11/30/06 11:06 AM, "Adam Winer" <awiner@gmail.com> wrote:

>> This behavior is a difficulty for me because I am trying to display a
>> message to the user via PPR when they complete a section of a form using a
>> ValueChangeListener. The ValueChangeListener does not perform full
>> validation, only makes sure all of the fields in the section of the form are
>> filled out. This works fine when the user completes the section of the form.
>> The problem arises when they edit their previous input and put in a
>> non-valid value (select the unselectedLabel of a SelectOneChoice, erase the
>> text in an InputText, etc.). In that case, no ValueChangeEvent happens, and
>> the message to the user that the section is complete remains displayed
>> incorrectly. Is there another way to approach this problem besides using a
>> ValueChangeListener?
>
> Agreed, but they also have an error message that there was
> a valdation failure, right?

If the validation error message was being displayed, that would fix my
problem, but no message is being displayed. Validation is happening and the
message is being created, but it is not being shown on the page (not even
with a tr:messages tag with a partialTrigger). This is with the latest
version of Trinidad. Is there something else I need to do to have the
message shown?

Thanks,
-Chris