From "Daniel Hannum" <dhan...@quovadx.com>
Subject Customizing the asterisk on required fields
Date Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:05:38 GMT
Hi, sorry if this has been asked before. I didn't see a good search
feature for the archives.

I need to customize the appearance of the asterisks on required fields.
I think it's great that it puts the asterisks there for you, but it
still isn't right. Currently, I'm using a panelGrid (2 columns).

outputLabel       inputText

outputLabel       inputText

outputLabel       inputText

Problem is that the asterisks on required fields go before the
inputText, so they don't align right anymore. Another option is to not
use panelGrid and just use one big component for both (the label
attribute), but then the fields don't line up right vertically.

What I want is to make the asterisk appear at the end of the inputText
or on the label or anywhere other than where it is now.

Also the asterisk is black, and I want it to be red.

Are these things customizable in styles somewhere?

Thanks.

Dan