From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject RE: Custom Converter not getting called
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:54:03 GMT

     Great, thanks for confirming the client-side stuff for me.

     Yes, 'myProperty' is a String.  I am not trying to convert from one
type to another, just trying to change the value if needed (i.e., if the
value is null, then display the String "--" instead).

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 11:45 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Custom Converter not getting called

No, you shouldn't be required to do anything differently at all.
If there's no client converter, it eliminates client-side validation
for that element, but that's it.

BTW, is myProperty of type String?  There might be a bug
where Strings aren't getting passed through Converters.

-- Adam

On 11/9/06, David Brunette <David.Brunette@chordiant.com> wrote:

>      Hi everybody.  I am trying to create and use a custom converter
> that will change the value for an inputText based on some criteria.  I
> have written the Java class (implementing Converter), and setup the
> configuration in my faces-config.xml.  With the following test,
> everything worked just as I expected it to work:
>

> <h:inputText label="The Property:" value="#{myBean.myProperty}">
>
>    <f:converter converterId="converter.MyStringValueConverter" />
>
> </h:inputText>
>

>      But when I change that test to use a <tr:inputText /> instead of
> the regular JSF <h:inputText />, my custom converter was not being
> called when the page is rendered.  Is there anything that I need to do
> different to get this to work with a Trinidad inputText if it already
> works for a regular JSF inputText?  I know that Trinidad has the
> capability to have client-side converters and validators, but I am
> simply trying to use my same, simple converter class with the Trinidad
> component.  If I am using the Trinidad component, am I forced to use a
> client-side converter?
>

>      Thanks...
>

> Dave
>
> The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of
Chordiant Software or its customers and is intended only for use to the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other
use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information is

The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.