From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject Custom Converter not getting called
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2006 20:47:49 GMT

     Hi everybody.  I am trying to create and use a custom converter
that will change the value for an inputText based on some criteria.  I
have written the Java class (implementing Converter), and setup the
configuration in my faces-config.xml.  With the following test,
everything worked just as I expected it to work:

<h:inputText label="The Property:" value="#{myBean.myProperty}">

   <f:converter converterId="converter.MyStringValueConverter" />

</h:inputText>

     But when I change that test to use a <tr:inputText /> instead of
the regular JSF <h:inputText />, my custom converter was not being
called when the page is rendered.  Is there anything that I need to do
different to get this to work with a Trinidad inputText if it already
works for a regular JSF inputText?  I know that Trinidad has the
capability to have client-side converters and validators, but I am
simply trying to use my same, simple converter class with the Trinidad
component.  If I am using the Trinidad component, am I forced to use a
client-side converter?

     Thanks...

Dave

The information transmitted herewith is sensitive      information of Chordiant Software or
its customers and is intended only for use to the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer.