From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Should I migrate from Tomahawk to Trinidad ?
Date Sun, 26 Nov 2006 23:32:24 GMT

> > Should we be looking at Trinidad - as the next evolution of the Tomohawk
> > components ?
>
> Looking into Trinidad is wroth, but Trinidad is not the "Tomahawk 2.0".
> Tomahawk is the original jsf component from the myfaces community.
> That community was growing so far; we got new libs:

Yep, we can't emphasize this enough!  Trinidad is not the next
evolution of Tomahawk, and it is intended to be complimentary, not
exclusionary.  There is a bunch of overlap, and a long-term goal of
all of us in MyFaces should be building a best-of-breed next generation
component set (not, IMO, just picking and choosing among the
components).  But our short-term goal on the Trinidad side is
getting a real versioned release out and getting out of Incubator - before
those happen issues of coming together are all academic!

Cheers,
Adam Winer

-Tobago