From "Romanowski, Tim" <tim.romanow...@lmco.com>
Subject NullPointerException in trunk, was [NoClassDefFoundError: .../RequestContextFactory]
Date Sat, 18 Nov 2006 18:49:12 GMT
Ok, I've confirmed that I'm having an issue with the trunk, as of at
least November 15, possibly earlier.

This morning I built the trunk and 1.2 branch for testing with my
application.

--------------------
Environment: I am using Facelets/Tomahawk/Ajax4JSF/JSF1.2 and Trinidad.

--------------------
Background: Everything "worked" with the November 6 build of the trunk
that I got off the apache repo (I got the binary off the apache server).
Unfortunately, JIRA ADF-152
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-152) was preventing
images from loading on my commandButtons.

After the patches for this were made (btw, fast turnaround!), I loaded
the November 15 build of the trunk jars, and was getting an exception.
Over the past two days, I've been building the trunk at home after
downloading the latest patches via svn and am getting the exception
listed below.

The 1.2 branch jars that I built at home this morning work just like the
Nov 6 trunk build I was using a week ago...my application loads and
works, but no images are displayed for my commandButtons (instead, there
is text "Submit Query" -- but at least the links work).

Of course, the whole point of me grabbing these latest builds is so that
I can use the fix for bug 152 that was preventing the commandButton
images from displaying.

--------------------
To sum up:
  *  The 1.2 branch build, as of this morning, 'works,' but doesn't yet
have the patch that was applied for bug 152.
  *  The current build of the trunk, as of this morning, is throwing an
exception:

Initializing Sun's JavaServer Faces implementation (1.2_03-b02-FCS) for
context '/Zadig'
Completed initializing Sun's JavaServer Faces implementation
(1.2_03-b02-FCS) for context '/Zadig'
The log message is null.
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.skin.SkinUtils._registerSkinExtensio
ns(SkinUtils.java:310)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.skin.SkinUtils.registerSkinExtension
s(SkinUtils.java:115)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.init(Trini
dadFilterImpl.java:143)
        at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.init(TrinidadFilter.ja
va:52)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFi
lterConfig.java:239)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(Applicatio
nFilterConfig.java:33