From "Danny Robinson" <dannyjrobin...@gmail.com>
Subject Popup Component for Contribution
Date Wed, 29 Nov 2006 21:01:59 GMT
Guys, <http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-307>

As a learning exercise on how Trinidad components are built, I've pulled
together a popup component and implemented it as a 'panelPopup' in
Trinidad.  If there's interest, then I'd be happy to contribute this to
Trinidad.

In posts over the last few months there was support (Simon, Adam, etc.) for
a popup component in Trinidad to perform functions such as a lightweight
date picker.  With guidance from Matthias , I've posted code and demo below,
and created an enhancement request for a popup component here :
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ADFFACES-307

While it's not totally finished (IE & firefox tested only), it does have
provide some useful functionality for simple popups.  It is similar in
functionality to the other panels, in that you can include any child
components and provides a number of skinning selectors (see below) for you
to customize.  It also optionally allows you to specify a title and close
facets.  Long term I want to add iframe/dialog functionality.

Screenshot (with embedded tr:chooseDate) :
http://thefoxberry.com/trinidad/datePopup.GIF

Demo WAR: http://thefoxberry.com/trinidad/TrinidadPopupSandbox.zip
Download the code :
http://thefoxberry.com/trinidad/chrd-trinidad-contrib.jar

Thanks,

Danny

Example
xmlns:trc="http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/contrib"
<trc:panelPopup>
  <f:facet name="control">
  </f:facet>
</trc:panelPopup>

<trc:panelPopup position="center">
  <f:facet name="control">
  </f:facet>
</trc:panelPopup>

<trc:panelPopup>
  <f:facet name="control">
  </f:facet>
  <f:facet name="title">
  </f:facet>
  <f:facet name="close">
  </f:facet>
</trc:panelPopup>

panelPopup Skin Selectors
af|panelPopup::container {
    border: 1px solid #0c479d;
    background-color: #FFFFFF;
}

af|panelPopup::titlebar {
    background-color: #0c479d;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px;
}

af|panelPopup::title-text {
    text-align: left;
}

af|panelPopup::close-icon {
    text-align: right;
}

af|panelPopup::content {
    padding: 2px 2px 2px 2px;
}

Outstanding Items
 Currently have to add the following to <tr:document>
<!-- TODO - Not sure how to get this automatically included by Trinidad -->
<f:facet name="metaContainer">
  <f:verbatim>
    <script language="JavaScript"
         src="/TrinidadPopupSandbox/adf/jsLibs/trPanelPopup.js"></script>
  </f:verbatim>
</f:facet>

--
Chordiant Software Inc.