From Jim Graf <jg...@pacbell.net>
Subject converting ADF -> Trinidad problem: javascriptDetector not found??
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 02:52:43 GMT

Hi,

I'm converting a working MyFaces/ADF app to MyFaces/Trinidad and I'm
grinding through it. Most is pretty simple as it is in documentation
that I can find, but for something like 'region' => 'componentRef' (and
etc), I had to go to the demo source for. I just couldn't find it in the
'things renamed': http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Trinidad_renaming

But now I'm stuck on the strangest thing:

The requested resource (/GdsSubmit2/_javascriptDetector_) is not available.

I thought javascript came from the Adf ResourceServlet? What I now have is:

<!-- ADF resource loader servlet -->
<servlet>
	<servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
	<servlet-class>
		org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.ResourceServlet
	</servlet-class>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
	<servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
	<url-pattern>/adf/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I believe this matches the demo web.xml, but I could have easily
introduced some mistake.

The other interesting thing is that when I access my app:
http://sparky/GdsSubmit2/faces/Login.jspx

I get this redirect:

http://sparky/GdsSubmit2/_javascriptDetector_?goto=/GdsSubmit2/faces/Login.jspx

I'm just being a bit lazy by posting this, as I should just convert one
of my small test apps and figure it out, but I really hope someone goes
"Seen it!"

thanks,
jim