From "Scott Wall" <tsw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Problem with <tr:selectOrderShuttle>
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 03:08:07 GMT
When I try to build Trinidad, Maven exits with an error on the build. The
log/stack trace generated follows. I am TOTALLY not a Maven expert, but is
it not finding the repository for Shale? If so, why? I am not behind a
firewall. I can browse to at least one of the listed repos (
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2) and find the specified file it's claiming to
have trouble with (org.apache.shale:shale-master)? Any ideas?

Thanks for all your help!
-Scott

[INFO]
[INFO] Building Apache Trinidad API
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] snapshot
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild:maven-xrts-plugin:incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT:checking
for updates from
apache.snapshots
[WARNING] repository metadata for: 'snapshot
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadbuild:maven-xrts-plugin:incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT'
could not be retrieved from repository: apache.snapshots due to an error:
Error transferring file
[INFO] Repository 'apache.snapshots' will be blacklisted
[INFO] [xrts:generate-sources {execution: default}]
[INFO] Nothing to generate - all XRTS bundles are up to date
Downloading:
http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/shale/shale-master/1/shale-master-1.pom
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]

Project ID: org.apache.shale:shale-parent:pom:1.0.3

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.shale:shale-master for project:
org.apache.shale:shale-parent:pom:1.0.3

[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Unable to get
dependency information: Unable to read the metadata file for artifact '
org.apache.shale:shale-test:jar': Cannot find parent:
org.apache.shale:shale-master for project:
org.apache.shale:shale-parent:pom:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-test:jar:1.0.3

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  java-net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/)
Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad:trinidad-api:jar:incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT

        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:551)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:475)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:306)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:273)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:140)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:322)
NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java
:315)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java
:430)
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolutionException:
Unable to get dependency information: Unable to read the metadata file for
artifact 'org.apache.shale:shale-test:jar': Cannot find parent:
org.apache.shale:shale-master for project:
org.apache.shale:shale-parent:pom:1.0.3
  org.apache.shale:shale-test:jar:1.0.3

from the specified remote repositories:
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository),
  java-net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/)
Path to dependency:
        1)
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad:trinidad-api:jar:incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(
DefaultArtifactCollector.java:297)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.collect(
DefaultArtifactCollector.java:67)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively
(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:223)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively
(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:211)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively
(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:182)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDependencies(
DefaultPluginManager.java:1117)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(
DefaultPluginManager.java:366)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:534)
        ... 16 more
Caused by:
org.apache.maven.artifact.metadata.ArtifactMetadataRetrievalException:
Unable to read the metadata file for artifact '
org.apache.shale:shale-test:jar': Cannot find parent:
org.apache.shale:shale-master for project:
org.apache.shale:shale-parent:pom:1.0.3
        at org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieve(
MavenMetadataSource.java:131)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(
DefaultArtifactCollector.java:275)
        ... 23 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Cannot find
parent: org.apache.shale:shale-master for project:
org.apache.shale:shale-parent:pom:1.0.3
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1161)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1176)
        at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal
(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:674)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromRepository(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:227)
        at org.apache.maven.project.artifact.MavenMetadataSource.retrieve(
MavenMetadataSource.java:102)
        ... 24 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingException: Error getting
POM for 'org.apache.shale:shale-master' from the repository: Error
transferring file
  org.apache.shale:shale-master:pom:1

from the specified remote repositories:
  java.net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository),
  java-net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:501)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1157)
        ... 28 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.ArtifactResolutionException:
Error transferring file
  org.apache.shale:shale-master:pom:1

from the specified remote repositories:
  java.net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository),
  java-net (https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/),
  apache.snapshots (http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository)

        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(
DefaultArtifactResolver.java:140)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(
DefaultArtifactResolver.java:63)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.findModelFromRepository(
DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:467)
        ... 29 more
Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Error
transferring file
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.fillInputData(
LightweightHttpWagon.java:99)
        at org.apache.maven.wagon.StreamWagon.get(StreamWagon.java:68)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getRemoteFile(
DefaultWagonManager.java:369)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact
(DefaultWagonManager.java:282)
        at org.apache.maven.artifact.manager.DefaultWagonManager.getArtifact
(DefaultWagonManager.java:244)
        at
org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolve(
DefaultArtifactResolver.java:124)
        ... 31 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java
:195)
        at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:157)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:365)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:477)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:214)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:287)
        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:299)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(
HttpURLConnection.java:792)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(
HttpURLConnection.java:744)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(
HttpURLConnection.java:669)
        at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(
HttpURLConnection.java:913)
        at
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.fillInputData(
LightweightHttpWagon.java:85)
        ... 36 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 18 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Tue Oct 24 20:50:53 MDT 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 7M/14M
[INFO]

> Yes, it might.  If you could download and build the latest Trinidad
> code, I think you won't have these problems anymore.
>
> -- Adam
>

> On 10/24/06, Scott Wall <tswall@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Do the "ancient" versions explain why I now have the "latest version"
> > snapshot of Trinidad (not adf-faces anymore) and the
> > selectOrderShuttle/selectManyShuttle still don't work? At his point the
> > control won't allow for selection of choices. When I press the "Move" or
> > "Move All" buttons the selected elements won't populate the selected
> > Listbox.
> >
> > -Scott

> > > Matthias,
> > >
> > > Any chance of getting those snapshots updated with something
> > > recent?  I'd rather have nothing up then only having those ancient
> > > versions...
> > >
> > > -- Adam

> some

> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/adf/

> from
> > > that

> introduced
> renderers).  I'll
> what.  You're

The
> pertinent
> > > source

> > > value="#{backing_EditDiagnosis.pickedItems}">

> > > ArrayList<Diagnosis>();

> > > ().returnFromDialog(null,

as expected.

"becomes" an
> array
> > > of

> java.util.Listof

> > > seems to
> > > pickedItems as

 It

String,
> > > selectedItems

> h:selectManyListbox.
how to use

> allow
> > > users
> This is
> > > done
I would then
> like to
> page
> > > that
returned has 0
> > > elements. I
iterations such
> as:

> http://myfaces.apache.org/adf/faces/html"
> prefix="f"
> > > %>

Dialog"/>

> }"/>

> bean...

> > > org.apache.myfaces.adf.component.core.input.CoreSelectOrderShuttle

selectedItems = new

{
i.getLabel());

shuttle