From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject Defining size of layout components
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2006 14:41:56 GMT

     Hello everybody.

     I am having trouble getting the desired size on the areas of my
page, and I was hoping to get a few tips or tricks that would help me
with what I am trying to do.

     The trouble comes when I nest some layout components.  For example,
I have:

100%; width:  70%;">

                        <!-- Some Content -->

                        <!-- Some More Content -->

     Here, I would like AreaOne to take up 70% of the width for the
panelHorizontalLayout.  But whether I use inlineStyle or define a
styleClass for AreaOne, it seems to be ignored, and the size of AreaOne
will simply be set to fit the content that is rendered by its children.
What I would like is for the width to always the 70%.  If the content is
small, then we would like it to stretch to 70%.  If the content is
large, then we do NOT want to stretch over 70%, but show scroll bars
instead.

     I have tried many different things, even using fixed pixel height
and width for the layout components, but nothing seems to work the way I
would like.  From viewing the source of the rendered screen, it is
difficult to really understand which HTML element these height and width
styles are being applied to.  Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks...

Dave