From "Baker,Jonathan" <Bak...@oclc.org>
Subject Node Stamp Facet, af:commandNavigationItem rendered attribute, and boolean operators
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:15:20 GMT
I am using the af:page component.  Inside of the NodeStamp facet I am
referencing a af:commandNavigationItem with a rendered attribute.
Inside of the rendered attribute I am calling two methods on the same
backing bean and ANDing them together.  For some reason this makes my
navigation hierarchy disappear.

If the rendered attribute looks like this #{navItem.rendered} it works
correctly
If the rendered attribute looks like this #{navItem.authorized} it works
correctly
If the rendered attribute looks like this #{navItem.rendered &&
navItem.authorized} then nothing is rendered even though both values =
true.

I have used the same combination outside of the node stamp facet and the
components are rendered correctly, so it is somehow related to how the
nodestamp facet of the page component is rendered.

As a work-around I have created a method in my backing bean that
performs the anding of the two methods, so that is not a problem, I just
preferred to have these two methods separated as they stand for two
different sets of criteria.

JB