From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: How to add HTML markup to a page?
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 16:30:18 GMT
On 10/8/06, Naresh Bhatia <NBhatia@sapient.com> wrote:
> Thanks Adam. I have two follow up questions:
>
> - How does JSP 2.1/JSF 1.2 solve this issue?

That's a very complicated question, but briefly speaking
it makes <f:verbatim> unnecessary (and a no-op).

> - What would be the pros and cons of choosing JSP 2.1/JSF 1.2 vs.
> Facelets?

Facelets:  better in almost every way - *much* faster, great
  templating features, much easier to write custom tags, etc.
JSP: the "standard", so better supported by component sets -
  but does your app server even support JSP 2.1 yet?  (Few do).

-- Adam