From Jeanne Waldman <jeanne.wald...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Using Skinning facility for custom components
Date Mon, 16 Oct 2006 21:50:06 GMT
Yes, I am working on this, in between other things. :)
Currently it works to get the skin you want via Java code,
(without looking at it to be sure -- get SkinFactory, call getSkin with
the id)
and then you can say registerStyleSheet and pass in a skin css file
which has your
custom component's skin definitions -- styles, icons, and properties.

This will essentially merge your skin definitions for your custom
component into the skin(s) of your choice.
All components should have a 'simple' skin definition, so you would
definitely want to merge something
into the simple.desktop skin.

The Trinidad skinning keys are found in skin-selectors.xml. I'd
recommend using the same
syntax, since the skinning keys are essentially an API for the end user.

There is currently no documentation on this.

There is a bug where if you use the css namespace syntax like we do
('af|' as in af|inputText, for example) but
with a different prefix ('abc|' as in abc|customComponent, for example)
then it won't parse right. I'm planning to do something to fix this next
week.

- Jeanne