From Rogers Reilly <rogers_rei...@s-rod.com>
Subject Re: Using Dojo with Trinidad
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 17:36:24 GMT
TreeTable definitely does lazy loading.

On the subject, though, I've noticed that (in the build I've been using,
which is admittedly a bit stale- not the same webapp as my 1.2 project
:-) ) TreeTable does insist on fetching the children of visible
nodes--presumably to see whether or not it needs to render an
"expandable" node.  Problem is, (a) it seems to render the expandable
icon either way, and (b) there are times when I'd rather it not check
for this because those are expensive child nodes to build.

To get around this, I've actually added dummy nodes to some of my
TableTrees:

Node1
Node2
NodeX
   |-Click to see drilldowns
         |-Logical SubNode1
         |-Logical SubNode2

If I don't add the superfluous "Click to see drilldowns" subnode, my
TreeTable tries to load all of the SubNodes right away- again,
presumably to figure out if NodeX should be expandable.  I'd love to see
some kind of "prefetchChildren" attribute so I could disable this behavior.

Rogers