From "Scott O'Bryan" <darkar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AJAX and progressIndicator?
Date Thu, 05 Oct 2006 16:43:21 GMT
Marcus,

The "poll" component causes a Partial Page (AJAX) request to the server
to generate the event.  It should not be refreshing the entire page.  In
order to have the processing indicator update, you simply need to add a
partialTrigger which references the poll component.  Then, essentially,
your progress indicator will update according to an AJAX request.

The reason it's done this way is we wanted the ability (in more of a
generic fashion) to update components and dialogs.  The poll component
can be used to update ANY element from an AJAX request if necessary.

Hope that helps.

Scott