From "Olivier Lafontaine" <olafonta...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can we use bean to specify id attribute value
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2006 22:01:31 GMT
EL expressions are usually not supported for the id attribute. At least, the
JSF specification states that it is not supported for the standard component
classes, see section 3.1.4 of the spec.

So unless it is explicitly stated in the documentation of a component, I
guess it is not supported.

This makes sense considering the id must be stable throughout the component
life.

Olivier