From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Component to show a floating DIV?
Date Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:19:39 GMT
I kind of like the idea, it would help going around the popup blocker
issues. That being said, there's some design issue to talk about. First, how
will that pseudo dialog will be populated? Do we want to harmonize it with
our current dialog framework or not? If not then we could simply place the
content as child of the div. However, if we want to harmonize it (which is
better imho) we would have to populate it with another page content. This
has some problems that I can think of:

1) The navigation must be evaluated (can be handled with some
NavigationHandler magic);
2) The page content must be read (Facelets can handle that, but that would
create a "strong" dependency between Trinidad and Facelets);
3) The Facelets would have to be stripped of the HTML/BODY/HEAD generating
elements. That one can be painful, we could also use a special
ResponseWriter to ignore those elements though;
4) Work out the return events.

Regards,

~ Simon