From "Naresh Bhatia" <NBha...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: RE: Using Dojo with Trinidad
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2006 00:55:27 GMT
Well, by "lazy loading" I mean that the entire tree should not be
fetched from the service layer (or the data access layer) in one shot.
Instead, only immediate child nodes should be fetched when a node is
expanded. I think that's what you mean too, but I just wanted to be
clear about it.

Having said that, I did not readily see how lazy loading would work in
TreeTable documentation. Here's my JSP code:

rowDisclosureListener="#{treeTableBean.processRowDisclosureEvent}"
        rendered="true"
        rowsByDepth="20"
        summary="Company">

Here's my TreeTableBean:

public class TreeTableBean {
    private TreeModel treeModel = null;

    public TreeModel getTreeModel() {
        if (treeModel == null) {
            // Get the entire tree from the service layer
            TreeNodeVO root = getTreeService().getTree("Company");
            treeModel = new ChildPropertyTreeModel(root, "children");
        }

        return treeModel;
    }
}

If getTreeModel() would just return a partial tree, I don't know how
TreeTable will ask for more nodes. The only interface I see in
case is poining to a TreeModel. Given my current understanding, please
let me know how I could lazy load the tree.

Naresh