From "Naresh Bhatia" <NBha...@sapient.com>
Subject RE: How to add HTML markup to a page?
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 12:26:42 GMT
Thanks Adam. I have two follow up questions:

- How does JSP 2.1/JSF 1.2 solve this issue?
- What would be the pros and cons of choosing JSP 2.1/JSF 1.2 vs.
Facelets?

Thanks.
Naresh

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 2:01 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to add HTML markup to a page?

On 10/7/06, Naresh Bhatia <NBhatia@sapient.com> wrote:

> Just to be clear, what would be legal syntax in facelets? Something
like
> this?
>
>    <h2>
>        <h:outputText value="#{messages['Measure.Home']}" />
>    </h2>

Yes. Also in JSP 2.1/JSF 1.2,

I see that I am running into this problem only if this code is inside
> the <tr:document> tag. If so, why is this tag so restrictive? It is
> making the page very unreadable. Would be nice to have some context
> behind this design.

 It's not at all specific to tr:document.  It's specific to any
JSF tag that controls rendering of its children. For example,
h:panelGroup.  Most Trinidad tags control child rendering
(for PPR support, for one).

-- Adam

Thanks.