From "Causevic, Dzenan" <dcause...@navisite.com>
Subject RE: Trinidad replaces ADF Faces?
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 18:07:41 GMT

>From my experience I think that's exactly the case. That was my conclusion. I first tried
ADF Faces and I had problems to install it to work with NetBeans. Actually I discovered a
serious bug that prevents ADF Faces v10 from installing with NetBeans v5.5 correctly. It took
me a long time until I figured it out, 'cos I did not get any kind of technical support from
their discussion list. Nobody knew anything why I was having difficulty installing it with
NetBeans. That was very frustrating, so I dont blame if even Oracle people itself are switching
to Trinidad.

Basically my above mentioned problems resulted in me trying Trinidad as an alternative and
once I got my hands on it I was quite happy to have found it. I personally dont see any reason
to use ADF Faces over Trinidad. Trinidad is much, much better supported + it has a brigther
future as a project I believe.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Smith [mailto:unobriani@gmail.com]
Sent: Thu 10/12/2006 1:08 PM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Trinidad replaces ADF Faces?

Will Trinidad replace the ADF Faces component set?  I have heard that Oracle
is using Trinidad builds heavily internally.  Is the plan to desupport ADF
Faces components once Trinidad makes it through incubation?  Is there plans
to support Trinidad (visual designer and such) in an upcoming release of
JDeveloper?  Thanks for any light shed.
-Brian