From "Steve Vangasse" <st...@boardshop.co.uk>
Subject Re: MenuModel issues
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2006 08:24:44 GMT
Hi Sonja,
I tried using <tr:page> at first but experinced the same problems with the
root of my menu model appearing above the tabs (where navigationGlobal is
rendered in <tr:panelPage>). I added another layer in my menu model and
called it "home" that was the root of my tab layer. This then added a "home"
link above the tabs and put the tabs in their correct place. I eventually
opted for the <tr:panelPage> setup with the whole menumodel rendered inside
the navigation3 facet as a navigationTree as this setup offered more
flexibility. The functionality for menu models within navigation1  and
navigation2 facets isn't implemented yet but when it is I'll start using it.

The alias list is a really handy feature that lets you map any page you have
to a focus path of your menu model. So when you navigate to a page that
isn't part of your menu model, the menu and submenus still display what you
want them to.

<managed-property>
      <property-name>aliasList</property-name>
      <list-entries>
        <value-class>java.lang.String</value-class>
        <value>/products/categoryForm.jspx</value>
        <value>#{navCategoryList.viewId}</value>
        <value>/salesOrders/orderForm.jspx</value>
        <value>#{navSalesOrderList.viewId}</value>
      </list-entries>
    </managed-property>

I hope this helps.

Steve Vangasse

Boardshop.co.uk - Board Sports Equipment and Clothing for the UK and Europe
www.boardshop.co.uk
0870 0600 688