From "Steve Vangasse" <st...@boardshop.co.uk>
Subject MenuModel and navigationPane
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:03:18 GMT
Is anyone else using a MenuModel with a panelPage? It works fine with a
navigationTree but I'm still not having any success with navigationPanes. I
would really like to use tabbed navigation in my app but this is holding
things up. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,

Steve Vangasse
www.boardshop.co.uk

P.S. Previous Message:

I'm using MenuModel navigation with a navigationTree component within the
"navigation3" facet of a panelPage component. This has been working fine
without any problems. Today I thought I would try using tabbed navigation
with my MenuModel using the "navigation1" facet and a navigationPane:
<f:facet name="navigation1">

<af:navigationPane var="node" hint="tabs" value="#{menuModel.model}"
level="1">
    <f:facet name="nodeStamp">

<af:commandNavigationItem text="#{node.label}" action="#{node.getOutcome}"/>
    </f:facet>
   </af:navigationPane>
  </f:facet>

This doesn't seem to work. Clicking on a tab just refreshes the current page
without any error messages in my logs. I tried it with a hardcoded action
string that I know works elsewhere on the page and it still didn't work. I
then tried it with some hard coded child commandNavigationItems without the
MenuModel and it did work. Is there a problem with navigationPanes and
MenuModels (I'm running on the latest trinidad build downloaded today)?
Thanks,

Steve Vangasse
www.boardshop.co.uk