From kendal.l.bly...@gsk.com
Subject Netflix-style previews using ADF+YUI
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 15:26:43 GMT
I am using ADF Faces with the YUI Tooltip widget to implement
Netflix-style previews when mousing over links in a table.

To make this work:

I created a YUI Tooltip widget for each link in the table (passing the
component id for each link to a YUI Tooltip) when the page is loaded.

When I sort the table or change the range of displayed entries, ADF uses
in-page replacement to re-show the table. The component ids change after
the in-page replacement has completed. I therefore have to create new YUI
Tooltip widgets for the new component ids.

Currently, I call my reInitTooltips() Javascript function when the form is
submitted. In that function, I wait 1 second (using setTimeout) before
re-creating the new YUI Tooltips.

If the AJAX call to sort the table takes longer than 1 second, my previews
don't work.

What I need is way to be notified in Javascript when the in-page
replacement has completed so that I can re-create my YUI Tooltips.

Is there a way to do this?
If not, is there a better way to get Netflix-style previews when mousing
over links in an ADF Faces table?

Kendal