From G√ľnther, Thorsten <Thorsten.Guent...@medocino.de>
Subject AW: Looking for "container" tag
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 15:21:02 GMT

Hi!

I took a <tr:panelBox> for that, but perhaps it's not the ideal choice. <tr:panelHorizontalLayout>
or <tr:panelGroupLayout> should do it also.

Bye,
Thorsten

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel Hannum [mailto:dhannum@quovadx.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. September 2006 16:17
An: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Looking for "container" tag

Hi, I'm trying to make components change there "rendered" status based
on a dropdown. I found this article:

http://groundside.com/blog/GrantRonald.php?title=conditional_rendering_o
f_jsf_fields_depe&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

This isn't hard. I know how to do autoSubmit and partialTriggers and
all. The difficulty is that you need to set partialTriggers on the
PARENT component because if a component is not rendered, it doesn't
listen for events. So what I want is a simple "container" component
(kinda like a div) that I can just put my child components inside of,
and set partialTriggers on.

Is there such a component? I think a panelGrid with one item inside it
would do it, or maybe a panelGroup, but those aren't ADF, so you can't
use partialTriggers on them. Ideas? I'm going to look more at the
component list, but I didn't see something simple like what I want.

Thanks.

Dan