From Samba <saas...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Bindings Servlet/Filter not invoking Faces Servlet
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:55:22 GMT
Hi! simon,
Could you provide some Sample application or a link ot the page there is any
tutorial which explains this direct coding method instead of
Declarative/drag and drop technic.
I'm also new to TopLink  , So I'm not much familiar with It's API.

Could you send me a Sample Application  which uses these features?
Learning new technology is always  thrilling to me...
I don't know whether we  are going to shift from this bindings to the coding
approach, as it depends on severel other factors such  as the time it takes
to learn the new thing!
But we may onsider using it at a later point of time.
I'll be  really grateful to you if you can provide a working Sample
Application  that can give me an idea of what can we do  using this
approach!
Thanking you,
Samba.
On 9/12/06, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> Drag & drop works only with data controls to my knowledge. As for EL, I
> usually create a facade architecture and managed beans, so yeah it implies
> more code, but I get access to the whole API and it's easier to switch
> over
> another technology after imho. Better extensibility and modularisation at
> the cost of an higher initial development effort. Note that I'm more used
> Hibernate than TopLink though, so the API could be a bit different, but
> I'm
> prety sure you can do almost the same.
>

> Regards,
>
> ~ Simon
>
> On 9/12/06, Samba <saasira@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you  once again Simon,
> >
> > I understand that I shoiuld place a service request with Metalink.
> >
> > But before that Please clarify me one more thing:
> >
> > Can we get the EL access tio the methods that use TopLink
> > ExpressionBuilder
> > and all the other API(Which I'm not much familiar with).
> >      But Dragging and dropping DataControls from the DataControl
> pallette
> > saves a lot of time rather than writing  a few lines of code for each
> and
> > every database related action that we do on a webpage!
> > Can we get that drag and drop functionality with out ADF Bindings?
> >      Thanking you heartfeltly(if  such a word exists!)
> > Samba.
> >
> > On 9/12/06, Simon Lessard <simon.lessard.3@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hmmm,
> > >
> > > Have you tried the following using XHTML extension for Facelets as
> well?
> > > Theorically it *should* work.
> > >
> > > <filter-mapping>
> > >     <filter-name>adfBindings</filter-name>
> > >     <url-pattern>*.xhtml</url-pattern>
> > > </filter-mapping>
> > > <filter-mapping>
> > >     <filter-name>adfFaces</filter-name>
> > >     <url-pattern>*.xhtml</url-pattern>
> > > </filter-mapping>
> > >

> > > Yet again, my suggestion would be to drop data controls altogether,
> this
> > > is
> > > hard when everyones know the technology, but ADF is not the best MV
> > > separation ever invented, the evil pageDef makes me think about ASP
> that
> > > remind me about IE which gives me nightmares. Furthermore, data
> controls
> > > will most likely suffer deep changes with JEE 5 persitence with
> > > annotations.
> > >
> > > If the above does not work (it should work though really) and you must
> > use
> > > data controls, I think you should fill a Metalink issue as they should
> > not
> > > be so tightly linked to page extension. Sorry that I cannot help much
> on
> > > this issue, but it's really either a Facelets and/or ADF Databindings
> > > (Oracle) issue and I cannot access the code of either to check what's

ADF

--
Regards...
Samba.