From Samba <saas...@gmail.com>
Subject ADF Bindings Servlet/Filter not invoking Faces Servlet
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:04:53 GMT
I'm getting ADF Faces and Facelets working properly with pages written in
jspx format, but the Faces Servlet being mapped to jsf format.

The problem I'm getting is while displaying ADF Tables with data retrieved
from the database using Toplink and bindings provided by ADF Databindings.

The following is the Web.xml mappings for Faces Servlet and ADF bindings
filter:

<servlet>
<load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>resources</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/adf/*</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>
<url-pattern>*.jsf</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<filter>
<filter-name>adfBindings</filter-name>
<filter-class>oracle.adf.model.servlet.ADFBindingFilter</filter-class>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>adfBindings</filter-name>
<url-pattern>*.jsp</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>
<filter-name>adfBindings</filter-name>
<url-pattern>*.jspx</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

I'm getting the ADF tables displayed using ADF Bindings, if the faces
servlet is mapped for jspx format;but, at the cost of losing
Facelets...Facelets is not working with Faces Servlet mapped to jspx
format(though written in jspx format, the faces servlet mappping has to be
made for jsf format.On the other hand, if I use faces servlet mapping for
jsf pages I'm getting Facelets working but ADF Databindings are not working
,(I guess) and hence ADF Faces Tables are not being displayed(I'm getting
Access Denied message).

I even tried to change the ADF binding filter mappings

---- from ---- jsp &jspx---- to ----- jsp and jsf ----

But I got the same Access denied message.

Suppose,

I need customised display, rather than just a Table or Form,like:

public String getEmp() {
BindingContainer bindings = getBindings();
OperationBinding operationBinding =
bindings.getOperationBinding("findAllEmp");
Object result = operationBinding.execute();
if (!operationBinding.getErrors().isEmpty()) {
return null;
}

List<Emp> res=(List<Emp>)result;
for(int i=0;i<res.size();i++)
{
Emp myrec=res.get(i);
System.out.println("Employee ["+myrec.getEname()+"], Salary
["+myrec.getSal()+"]");
}
return "";
}

where I do some customisation in the backing bean.

and I call that method binded to a button as below:

><af:commandButton
text="findAllEmp"
disabled="#{!bindings.findAllEmp.enabled}"
binding="#{backing_Success.commandButton1}"
id="commandButton1"
action="#{backing_Success.getEmp}"/>

What I'm getting is a disabled button.

Why doesn't ADF bindings servlet invoke the faces Servlet?
Can't we make ADF Bindings Servlet invoke Faces Servlet by configuring in
the web.xml?

Can't we get ADF Bindings filter mapped to work with jsf pages?
Won't ADF Bindings work with jsf pages, will they work only with jspx pages?

,
Please Help me.

Thanking you,
-