From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject Component to show a floating DIV?
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2006 14:54:19 GMT

     Hi everybody.

     I have had a look at the Dialog Framework that is available in
Trinidad.  It looks like a nice way to show the user a small bit of
content for a short period of time before returning to the original
page.  While designing our application, we like that... but we are
hoping to avoid the opening of a new instance of the browser, which is
what the dialog itself really is.  Instead, we would like to show that
small bit of content in a "floating DIV" (I believe that's the right
term?) that would open and close just like a dialog would.  I haven't
found anything in JSF/Trinidad that will do this for us, so my question
is:

1)       Is there actually a component out there that allows us to show
content in a floating DIV, and I've just overlooked it?

2)       If not, would it spark enough interest to eventually come up
with one?

     I'm interested in anybody's thoughts about this.  Thanks...

Dave