From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RE: ADF Faces v10 with NetBeans 5.5
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:34:52 GMT
I regularly put the trinidad WAR (though, always one I've
built myself) into Tomcat 5.0 and 5.5, and don't have problems.

-- Adam

On 9/20/06, Causevic, Dzenan <dcausevic@navisite.com> wrote:

> I placed trinidad-demo-incubator-m1-SNAPSHOT.war in my tomcat's webapps directory, however
I can not view pages. I see there is an index.jspx file inside the demo home directory. Are
jspx files supported, or do I have to change something in configuration of my tomcat installation.
I am running tomcat 5.5.15.

the same thing since there already have been made numerous changes in the Trinidad code base.

> Trinidad is still in the incubator at Apache so there is no subproject homepage at myfaces.apache.org
by now. But there are already a couple of pages about Trinidad in the myfaces wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/ADF_Faces
> The build linked in the wiki is somewhat outdated, you can find a current build at
> http://people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/myfaces/trinidad/
>
> AFAIK all elements included in ADF are also available in Trinidad, but some of them have
been renamed (documented in the wiki).

> Perhaps looking at the Trinidad demo helps you to solve your problem even if you plan
to stick with ADF. The configuration ist still pretty much the same apart from name changes.

> Regards,
> Thorsten

open source community. I am confused but anyway...

> Is Trinidad separate project? Does Trinidad allow me to create tab manues and hierarchical
trees that are expandable (windows explorer view)?
> Where can I download Trinidad? What is the home page for the Trinidad project?
>
> Dzenan Causevic
> Software Web Developer
> NaviSite, Inc.
> Syracuse, NY
> (315) 453-2912 x5346

can provide better help for your problem.

> Perhaps you try using Trinidad and take look at the sample-application to see differences
in setup, URI or something.

> Regards,
> Thorsten

says that I need to place adf-faces-api-10_1_3_0_4.jar and adf-faces-impl-10_1_3_0_4.jar in
my projects /lib directory. However when I add those files to the lib directory I can not
run (deploy) my project from the IDE which in this case is NetBeans v5.5.

> It does build the project, however when I try to run (deploy) it gives me the error message
saying that it can not find requested .jsp files