From Siarhei Berdachuk <berdac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems running ADF Faces in Tomcat with security manager enabled
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:50:19 GMT
Hello

I have same problems on restricted for file writing from java web hosting.

I'm build trinidad examples from sources, they works fine on my local host
(Windows XP, Tomcat 5.0.28, j2sdk 1.5.0_7) but when I try deploy them to
godaddy
java enabled Linux hosting (Linux, Tomcat 5.0.27, jdk 1.5.0_6), this
examples not works.

Then I'm deployd Tomcat jsp examles there and they are works fine:
http://www.lostcd.com/jsp-examples/

I found article:
http://www.oisv.com/articles/web_design/godaddy_gotchas/
where described about some file permission restrictions for writing and
possible problem in Log4j.
Part from it: "In retrospect, this is fairly obvious since all users on
the shared server run under the same Java virtual machine instance.
Tomcat and Java just do not have the fine-grained ability to assigned
directory-based permissions in such as configuration."

I like trinidad components, but can not use them on my hosting for new
projects :(
May be somebody have solution how resolve this problem.

Thank you,
Siarhei Berdachuk
http://www.berdaflex.com