From "William Keicher" <wmkeic...@gmail.com>
Subject ADF/Trinidad CoreRenderKit interferes with Shale Remoting
Date Sun, 17 Sep 2006 18:37:32 GMT
Hi,

I have a project which is using both trinidad and blueprints components.
The blueprints components rely upon shale remoting to serve static resources
like javascript files and images.  If I place a blueprints component within
a trinidad component, I get an UnsupportedOperationException from
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.renderkit.core.CoreRenderKit.createResponseStream().
This seems to be caused by shale trying to serve a resource using a response
stream from the CoreRenderKit.

Architecturally, I'm not sure why CoreRenderKit.createResponseStream() is
not implemented, but simply replacing it with the JSF 1.1 implementation
*seems* to fix things.  Is this an appropriate fix?  Why is
createResponseStream() an unsupportedoperation within adf/trinidad?

Thanks,
Bill

 @Override
  public ResponseStream createResponseStream(OutputStream out)
  {
    // =-=AEW What to do here???
  }
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
  @Override
  public ResponseStream createResponseStream(OutputStream out)
  {
    // =-=AEW What to do here???
      //this needs to be fixed for shale-remoting
      final OutputStream output = out;
      return new ResponseStream() {
          public void write(int b) throws IOException {
              output.write(b);
          }

          public void write(byte b[]) throws IOException {
              output.write(b);
          }

          public void write(byte b[], int off, int len) throws IOException {
              output.write(b, off, len);
          }

          public void flush() throws IOException {
              output.flush();
          }

              output.close();
          }