I'm trying to get Trinidad dialogs working in an application and it's almost working, with one caveat: when a dialog opens, a new window pops up as expected, with the correct page displayed, but the calling window *also* refreshes to display the dialog -- in other words, I end up with the dialog displayed in both the popup window and the originating window. I have a somewhat involved configuration, using custom ViewHandler and NavigationHandler implementations, with Shale, Facelets, Trinidad and MyFaces all in the mix, so it's probably some undesired interaction between one or more of these components that's causing the problem. The trouble is, I'm not quite sure where to start looking... Since the correct dialog *is* opening in a new window, I suspect that the undesired refresh of the originating window is due to a mis-step somewhere in the dialog handling on the client side. Here's a simple- as-possible Facelets view to invoke a dialog: dialog.xhtml ------------

Launch a dialog

edit
faces-config.xml ---------------- ... /foo/dialog.xhtml popup:edit /foo/dialog2.xhtml ... The rendered HTML from dialog.xhtml is included below. I can see that the command link calls submitForm() on click, and tracing through that with Venkman shows that it eventually calls form.submit(). What I'm unclear about is how/where the response gets redirected to a popup window, and how it's getting rendered in the originating window *as well as* in the popup window. I'm using a recent Trinidad build from svn trunk. Any suggestions for how to further diagnose this would be *most* welcome... L.

Launch a dialog

edit
-- Laurie Harper Open Source advocate, Java geek: http://www.holoweb.net/laurie Founder, Zotech Software: http://www.zotechsoftware.com/