From "Rick Rodriguez" <RRodrig...@valleywater.org>
Subject RE: Conditional return from dialog
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2006 22:43:48 GMT
We have exchanged a few emails concerning the difficulties I've run into
in trying to unsubscribe.  I thought I had the problem solved, because
the past 2 days, I did not receive any emails.  However, that silence
was short lived.  The following is a snip-it of an email I received from
lauri@holoweb.net, whom I believe is on the mailing list.

Any help on how can remove myself from the list entirely would be
greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for you help.

"...... I have some views which need to be able to work both as dialogs
and
as 'regular' views. I need to be able to close the dialog if the view
was opened that way, so I added a call to
RequestContext.returnFromDialog(). But when not in a dialog, this
causes an exception as shown below.

The obvious thing to do is to check if a dialog is active before
calling returnFromDialog(). I tried to do that with a guard around
the returnFromDialog() call:

   rc = RequestContext.getCurrentInstance();
   if (rc.getDialogService().peekView() != null)
     rc.returnFromDialog(...);
......."

I have some views which need to be able to work both as dialogs and
as 'regular' views. I need to be able to close the dialog if the view
was opened that way, so I added a call to
RequestContext.returnFromDialog(). But when not in a dialog, this
causes an exception as shown below.

The obvious thing to do is to check if a dialog is active before
calling returnFromDialog(). I tried to do that with a guard around
the returnFromDialog() call:

   rc = RequestContext.getCurrentInstance();
   if (rc.getDialogService().peekView() != null)
     rc.returnFromDialog(...);

but peekView() always returns null, even when in a dialog. So how do
I determine if it is necessary to call returnFromDialog()? Do I have
to track whether the view is a dialog myself, or is there some
'standard' means of querying for it?

L.

Aug 30, 2006 6:03:45 PM
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.DialogServiceImpl
returnFromDialog
WARNING: No 'DialogUsedRK' key available for returnFromDialog to do
the right thing!
ERROR 2006-08-30 18:03:47,527 core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].
[localhost].[/] - Error calling action method of component with id _id30
javax.faces.FacesException: Error calling action method of component
with id _id30
	at
org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction
(ActionListenerImpl.java:74)
	at org.apache.shale.view.faces.ViewActionListener.processAction
(ViewActionListener.java:73)
	at javax.faces.component.UICommand.broadcast(UICommand.java:106)
	at javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot._broadcastForPhase
(UIViewRoot.java:90)
	at
javax.faces.component.UIViewRoot.processDecodes(UIViewRoot.java:132)
	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.applyRequestValues

(LifecycleImpl.java:200)
	at org.apache.myfaces.lifecycle.LifecycleImpl.execute
(LifecycleImpl.java:71)
	at
javax.faces.webapp.FacesServlet.service(FacesServlet.java:106)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at com.foo.projility.web.auth.UserAuthenticationFilter.doFilter
(UserAuthenticationFilter.java:80)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at
org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFil

terInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:174)
	at org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter
(OncePerRequestFilter.java:76)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at org.apache.shale.faces.ShaleApplicationFilter.doFilter
(ShaleApplicationFilter.java:268)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._invokeDoF

ilter(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:327)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl._doFilterI

mpl(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:291)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.webapp.TrinidadFilterImpl.doFilter
(TrinidadFilterImpl.java:214)
	at org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.webapp.TrinidadFilter.doFilter
(TrinidadFilter.java:90)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter
(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke
(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke
(StandardContextValve.java:178)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke
(StandardHostValve.java:126)
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke
(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke
(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service
(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process
(Http11Processor.java:856)
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol
$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket
(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt
(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run

(ThreadPool.java:684)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
Caused by: javax.faces.el.EvaluationException: /pages/templates/
include/pageToolbar.xhtml @54,76 action="#{view.cancel}":
java.lang.IllegalStateException: popView(): No view has been pushed.
	at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyMethodBinding.invoke
(LegacyMethodBinding.java:73)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl.processAction
(ActionListenerImpl.java:63)
	... 37 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: popView(): No view has
been pushed.
	at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.DialogServiceImpl.popView
(DialogServiceImpl.java:82)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.DialogServiceImpl.returnFrom

Dialog(DialogServiceImpl.java:175)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.trinidadinternal.context.RequestContextImpl.returnFro

mDialog(RequestContextImpl.java:123)
	at com.foo.projility.web.view.PageViewController.cancel
(PageViewController.java:156)
(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
	at com.sun.el.parser.AstValue.invoke(AstValue.java:130)
	at
com.sun.el.MethodExpressionImpl.invoke(MethodExpressionImpl.java:
274)
	at com.sun.facelets.el.TagMethodExpression.invoke
(TagMethodExpression.java:68)
	at com.sun.facelets.el.LegacyMethodBinding.invoke
(LegacyMethodBinding.java:69)
	... 38 more

--
Laurie Harper