From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Iteration in Trinidad Tables
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 15:54:30 GMT
It can't be solved, not with a forEach tag;  the short answer
is that forEach iterates during page construction, while table
iterates during page rendering.

As a consequence, you can use forEach around a table,
but not forEach inside of a table.  That's where
ui:repeat (from facelets) and tr:iterator (from Trinidad)
come in.

-- Adam

On 8/23/06, Steve Vangasse <steve@boardshop.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether this is a general JSF question or specific to Trinidad - it does
involve the use of Trinidad's forEach tag so here we go:

> I'm trying to create a table representing a list of products. Each product has a list
of options (small, medium, large etc). At present I'm using a table within each row that lists
these options. Ideally I would like to use the panelList component with iteration supplied
by Trinidad's forEach component but the product variable created by the table is not availble
to the forEach tag. It just so happens that I'm using facelets but the same problem applies
to it's version of JSTL forEach tag.