From "LAW CHOR HIONG" <CHORHIONG....@y3technologies.com>
Subject unsubscribe
Date Sun, 20 Aug 2006 04:19:41 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Adam Winer [mailto:awiner@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 20, 2006 10:19 AM
To: adffaces-user@incubator.apache.org
Cc: MyFaces Discussion
Subject: Re: Combining Trinidad and Tomahawk in single web app

I should point out that the MyFaces (not Tomahawk, strictly
speaking) state saving algorithm for server-side state saving
without serialization and the Trinidad token-based client-side
state saving mechanism are rather similar.

When you use Trinidad with MyFaces, because of how
things are set up, the only options are MyFaces server-side
and Trinidad client-side.  Trinidad doesn't provide a
server-side version, and overrides the client-side version
entirely (RI or MyFaces).

So, I'd say it doesn't deeply matter - you'll get good
performance either way.  There are some optimizations
in the Trinidad mechanism that are not found in MyFaces,
and one thing I'd like to look at is comparing the two
codebases and either picking one to move forward
with, or merging the two to get the best of both (if
each does have unique advantages).

-- Adam