From Frank Nimphius <frank.nimph...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Trinidad and Tomahawk
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 17:13:34 GMT
Adam,

EL doesn't allow arguments in which case isUserInRole() checking
requires the developer to create a managed bean first to then provide
boolean return values. Though not reflected in the JSF spec, I think
that providing out-of-the box security always is a benefit. At least
this way you can ensure it is implemented the est way possible. However,
this goes beyond implementing security on a single UI Component only but
requires security to be enabled on the JSF engine.

Just my 2 cents on it

Frank

--

Frank Nimphius