From "Baker,Jonathan" <Bak...@oclc.org>
Subject selectedRowKeys
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:09:14 GMT
According to the documentation:

Name	                        Type
Supports EL?	 Description
selectedRowKeys	org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.model.RowKeySet	Yes
the selection state for this component.

I tried using this attribute for my table like this:

selectedRowKeys="#{inbox.selectedRows}"

Where selected rows exists as a field in my backing bean.

private RowKeySet selectedRows;

    public RowKeySet getSelectedRows() {
        return selectedRows;
    }

    public void setSelectedRows(RowKeySet selectedRows) {
        this.selectedRows = selectedRows;
    }

The problem is, neither the setter nor the getter is ever called on this
field when my form is submitted.

I looked at the source code for
org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.component.core.data.CoreTable.java and there
is no reference in there for this attribute whatsoever.  I also looked
at the demo code, but it was not using this attribute at all, and the
way the demo worked seemed a bit too low level for my tastes.  Of course
if there is no alternative I will proceed as the demo did, but I was
just curious as to why this attribute seemingly is not functional.

JB