From "Simon Lessard" <simon.lessar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: selectManyShuttle skinning
Date Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:56:05 GMT
Hello Martin, I added some commnts inline.

On 8/30/06, Martin Dickson <martin.dickson@peace.com> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> Two (hopefully) quick questions about selectManyShuttle skinning; afraid
> I cannot find the answers in the available docs:
>
> 1) How can one turn off / not render / hide the text-only links in the
> Shuttle for "Move", "Move All", etc?
> The icon links (e.g. af|selectManyShuttle::move-icon) are addressable in
> a stylesheet, but there appears to be no matching ability to style (and
> thus hide) the text only links.

What is the use case exactly? A shuttle with icon only?

2) How is the :hover pseduoclass supported in Trinidad skins?
> Where we are using icons in our UI we are also using CSS to give hover
> state changes to provide positive feedback to the user, but I cannot see
> how to do this with the Trinidad skins.

:hover will pass thourgh the final generated CSS, however this won't work
with icons. For example: af|selectManyShuttle::move-icon:hover will not work
as you could expect as all selectors ending with -icon are handled
differently. Also, beware of CSS :hover though as it work only on <a>
elements in IE.

I guess you would like to add an highlighted border to the button on
:hover... This would be a very nice addition imho and I will try to think of
the best way to support it. However I doubt it's possible at the moment.

2a) (OK so maybe three questions) :-)  Is there a way to set a specific
> class against each of the links in the Shuttle?
> If there isn't a way of achieving :hover using the Trinidad skin I could
> easily support it via traditional CSS... provided there was a class on
> each link.  Currently however they all have the same class of "xj".

Not currently... Would be a nice addition too. However, supporting something
like af|selectManyShuttle::move-icon:hover looks better.

Regards,

~ Simon

Cheers,