From Simon_Less...@DMR.CA
Subject Coding conventions
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:22:52 GMT
Hello,

Do we have a section on the site about the coding conventions we're
supposed to follow? Currently ADF Faces seems to use the following:

Private members and methods use underscore (_) prefix ;
Constants are imported using implements on a contant interface (Shouldn't
we use fully qualified name or static imports instead?) ;
Constants and attributes are defined at the end of the class files, after
methods ;
Constant names are in uppercase, with each words separated with an
underscore (standard rule) ;
Method and variable names are in lowercase except for the first letter of
every word after the first forming them that should be in uppercase ;
Methods don't seem to appear in any specific order (any rule on this?) ;
Asbtract classes does not seems to be used much, instead they provide a
protected method with a dummy behavior to be overridden ;
Generics are used, but not always (should we convert every classes we see
to use them?) ;
@SuppressWarning("unchecked") is not used (should we start using this when
converting to generics is not an option? Eclipse whine much for some
classes because of this).

Is there any other rule to follow?

Regards,

Simon Lessard
DMR Conseil Inc. (http://www.dmrconseil.ca)
Téléphone : (418) 653-6881

Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2 Platform 1.4