From "David Brunette" <David.Brune...@chordiant.com>
Subject af:table delete row and immediate="true"
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:02:09 GMT

     Hi everybody.  I am having a problem with deleting a row from an
<af:table /> when I have my command button specify immediate="true".

<af:table value="#{testTable.valuesTableModel}" var="test"
binding="#{testTable.valuesTable}">

            <f:facet name="selection">

                        <af:tableSelectMany text="Select and">

                                    <af:commandButton text="Delete"
action="#{testTable.deleteAction}" immediate="true">

                                    </af:commandButton>

                        </af:tableSelectMany>

            </f:facet>

            <af:column>

                        <f:facet name="header">

                                    <af:outputText value="Value" />

                        </f:facet>

                        <af:inputText value="#{test}" />

            </af:column>

</af:table>

     While looking for what I was doing wrong, I came across an old post
on the Oracle forums:

http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=859139&#859139

     It seems as though this is exactly the problem that I'm having.
The last post was from a while ago so I was wondering if the enhancement
request that was mention has been fulfilled, or if this is still a
problem.  And if it is still a problem, can anybody elaborate on the
comment in the post of "implementing the "rowKey" part of that API to be
something stable across inserts and deletes" (sorry if it is obvious...
I'm still getting myself familiar with the CollectionModel stuff)?

     Thanks...

Dave