From "Adam Winer" <awi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: af:table - redirect and selection problems
Date Tue, 25 Jul 2006 20:39:25 GMT
Could you provide the whole stack trace?

BTW, a tiny tip:  instead of:

  <af:column>
    <f:facet name="header">
       <h:outputText value="..." />
    </f:facet>

just use:

  <af:column headerText="...">

-- Adam

On 7/25/06, Sloan, Noah M <Noah_Sloan@baylor.edu> wrote:
> Using Facelets (1.0.10) and MyFaces + Tomahawk 1.1.2.
> I have an af:table like the following:
>
> <af:table var="row" value="#{bean.list}">
>    <af:column sortProperty="username" sortable="true">
>      <f:facet name="header">
>         <h:outputText value="..." />
>      </f:facet>
>
>      <h:commandLink action="viewPerson" value="#{row.username}">
>        <af:setActionListener from="#{row}" to="#{result}" />
>      </h:commandLink>
>    </af:column>
>
> The table is paginated.  Whenever the username link is clicked, I get:
> java.lang.IllegalStateException
>         org.apache.catalina.connector.ResponseFacade.sendRedirect(ResponseFacade.java:432)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendRedirect(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:125)
>         javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponseWrapper.sendRedirect(HttpServletResponseWrapper.java:125)
>
> So, I removed the redirect for that action ti see what would happen.  I no longer get
an exception but instead, no matter which username is clicked, the last row of the currently
displayed page is selected.  e.g. if a page displayed the following:
> foo
> bar
> john
> No matter which one is clicked, john will be the one that is put into #{result}.
>
> I switched to an h:dataTable and both problems went away, but we need the pagination
af:table offers.

> So, what is it that I need to do differentely to use an af:table?
>
> Cheers,
> ns
>
> P.S. I would use a t:dataTable, but AFAIK the dataScoller still wont function while using
ADF.