From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:43:53 GMT
Right now, no way. We don't have a common codebase between Trinidad
and Tomahawk. I wonder if this is a problem that can be solved on a
purely javascript basis - client side. How about each link attaching
itself as a submit handler?

Werner, what do you think? Javascript nightmares ahead?

regards,

Martin

On 7/17/06, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> First attemp:
>
> move addHiddenCommandParameter method in an external interface (such
> as FormRendererUtils), and make both Trinidad and MyFaces form
> renderers implement it. Components that need that service must then
> code against that interface, and deal with renderers that doesn't
> implement it.
>
> At least, this way we can control/check at compile time the usage of
> those non-standard services.
>
> Cosma
>
> 2006/7/17, Martin Marinschek <martin.marinschek@gmail.com>:
> > We should fix this. Once and for all.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > regards,
> >
> > Martin
> >
> > On 7/17/06, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I've only modified the JSCookMenu javascript to create that field in
> > > the DOM if it isn't there. It's not an elegant solution, I know..
> > >
> > > Cosma

Sun RI as JSF implementation.

for a certain component family needs
use a different renderer-type for the

talking about component families, we only
from UIForm - so UIXForm does not even have the
as UIForm?

more-or-less implied by not extending UIForm.
should follow subclassing
you'd get ClassCastExceptions in

<awiner@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
not...  UIXForm is in a different component
 (An earlier thread talked about that.)

should have been fixed by Mario's recent addition of
for the component family instead of the instance of UIForm.

done some other tries:

using the <af:form> component, a dummy form and its clear
are created. Clicking on <t:commandLink> or
does trigger a submit, but the expected
isn't executed. Probably this is because the _link_hidden_
is set telling JSF that a "linkDummyForm:commandLinkId" has been
but the actual name of the component is different (its name
has a different id).

using an <h:form> component, the dummy form isn't created
that the <t:commandLink> recognize its parent form), but no
method is generated in the page, so the onclick javascript
to submit the form.