From "Martin Marinschek" <martin.marinsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ADF Faces breaks many Tomahawk components
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2006 09:13:24 GMT
We should fix this. Once and for all.

Any suggestions?

regards,

Martin

On 7/17/06, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've only modified the JSCookMenu javascript to create that field in
> the DOM if it isn't there. It's not an elegant solution, I know..
>
> Cosma
>

> 2006/7/17, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com>:
> > P.S. I think that a component relying on other renderers isn't a good
> > design and we should try to avoid it..
> >

> > 2006/7/17, Cosma Colanicchia <cosmacol@gmail.com>:
> > > It looks like Martin has done a similar work, fixing all the form
> > > searching routines, so that part of my patch should be dropped. The
> > > addHiddenCommandParameter problem seems to be still there.. do we want
> > > to wait for a complete solution or, in the meantime, apply the js hack
> > > to make JSCookMenu work?
> > >

> > > Cosma

JSF implementation.

belonging to this family? I

about component families, we only
- so UIXForm does not even have the

implied by not extending UIForm.
follow subclassing
ClassCastExceptions in

 UIXForm is in a different component
earlier thread talked about that.)

been fixed by Mario's recent addition of
family instead of the instance of UIForm.

<cosmacol@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
other tries:

<af:form> component, a dummy form and its clear
Clicking on <t:commandLink> or
does trigger a submit, but the expected
executed. Probably this is because the _link_hidden_
JSF that a "linkDummyForm:commandLinkId" has been
the actual name of the component is different (its name
different id).

<h:form> component, the dummy form isn't created
<t:commandLink> recognize its parent form), but no
generated in the page, so the onclick javascript
the form.

useful to share info about making they work togheter, if
resolved these problems.

using the latest snapshots.. and I tried with both <h:form>
I had some issues with dummyForm at first, if I can get
I'll try to post it tomorrow, now I'm leaving the office.

by time there are people on the list, using both.
(incl. Tomahawk) and ADF Faces

> > 1) <t:commandLink> components (and <t:commandSortHeader>s) don't work,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > because the MyFaces javascript functions such as clear_myFormId don't get
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > generated. Also the _link_hidden_form isn't generated anymore. The rendered
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > HTML includes the string <!-- MYFACES JAVASCRIPT -->, and looking at the
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > stack I can see that both the adfFaces and the ExtensionsFilter are invoked,
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> > but no MyFaces script are actually rendered in the page.
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> I'm not sure why this would happen, but this may be a MyFaces
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> bug;  I know there's been some discussion on the main MyFaces
> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >
> list about issues like this.

I'll try to search more carefully in the archives.. do you know if

someone had success using MyFaces, Tomahawk and ADF Faces in a

project?

version (of MyFaces) are you using?
wrapp <h:form> around commandLink?

where some issue - discussed on myfaces dev - regarding "auto
form" aka dummy form

-
and
German